Monday 23 April 2012

EXCLUSIVE KING SHADDY (MR MAGOO) INTERVIEW by STEPHANIE CHIYANGWA


EXCLUSIVE KING SHADDY (MR MAGOO) INTERVIEW by STEPHANIE CHIYANGWA

After not being able to make it for
the UK three Kings tour, I caught
up with King Shaddy to get an
exclusive interview.

Here is what he had to say:

SC- Stephanie Chiyangwa
KS- King Shaddy

SC: King Shaddy how are you?

KS: I am fine thanks and you?

SC: I am okay. I know its late in Zimbabwe right now, thank you
for taking time out to have this interview with me. So King Shaddy
my first question would have to be what happened in December
we were anticipating your Tsoka ya Danmore live perfomance.

KS: Its my pleasure, well I was really looking forward to perform
Tsoka ya Danmore in England, but unfortunately my visa was denied,
they also denied my appeal.

SC: Oh no, we really did miss you on the tour and a lot of your fans were
disappointed. You have managed to get a lot of fans and you are probably
one of most established artists in Zimbabwe. How and when did you start

KS: I was very disappointed too. I felt like I had let down my fans,
and for their sake my manager Simbarashe Chakare had to fly all the
way just to apologise on my behalf. I didn't start music,
it started me. ( laughs)

SC: (laughs) okay I will rephrase, when did music start King Shaddy? And
yes we did see Simba on the tour, that was a very nice gesture.

KS: I think music started me in 2009 if I am not mistaken.

SC: Okay so how many albums have you released ever since?

KS: Since music started me, I have released two albums. I am currently
working on the third one titled MR MAGOO.

SC: Really, what can we expect from Mr Magoo?

KS: Mr Magoo album is full of surprises.

SC: Are there any collaborations we can expect?

KS: There are more than 14 tracks on the album. I have worked with the likes of
F lustah and Jusa Dementor from the UK, as well as CTU ( Jungle Dee
and Junior King) I am still working on the album so there might be more.

SC: Okay, it sounds really big and interesting. Well King Shaddy you
never disappoint i have listened to your last two albums and you are
very talented, I can not wait to hear this new album. So tell us what brought
about the concept of Danmore and why did you use the name Danmore?

KS: Kalamali Kalamali, God bless Stephanie Chiyangwa for saying King
Shaddy never disappoints. I picked the name Danmore, because he is the one who
fished my phone and these other Adidas shoes of mine which i had not
properly worn. (laughs)

SC: (laughs) well you have certainly made Danmore famous. So are there
any tours Lined up in the near future?

KS: Yeah plenty of them but I just want to keep it low until all the
plans are finalised.

SC: Okay I wish you all the best. So King Shaddy I always ask this
question to most of the people I interview, I hope you wont mind me
asking you. Are you married or do you have someone special in your life
right now?

KS: Iweeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! I have someone special In my life. NEXT.

SC: (laughs) Okay thank you for answering I wont ask more on that one.
So King Shaddy as your fan I would like to know, and I am sure a lot
of your fans would also like to know. Where can we get King Shaddy's music?

KS: For now people can download my music on youtube, but we are
working on getting a UK based distributor. Also not forgetting I am
working on a new clothing label, Makorokoza clothing. The clothes are
being designed by Joseph Mdala aka Gucci Gandanga (Gandanga Clothing).
As a true Makorokoza fan you have to be the first one to get something from
the line.

SC: Yes I will definitely be the first, my only request is can you
make the ladies tops not t-shirts because it will soon be summer and I
would not mind representing Makorokoza. So how can promoters interested in
doing a show with you get a hold of you?

KS: They can contact King Shaddy on facebook. All the contact
information is there including my telephone number.

SC: Thank you so much King Shaddy, it has been really nice talking to you.
Please keep us updated on the Mr Magoo album and your clothing line.

KS: No no no thank you Stephanie for the time. Anything for my fans
its my pleasure. I will definitely keep you posted on my album and
clothing line. Please pass my greetings to my fans and tell them,
KI KI KI King Shaddy aka Mr Magoo, The King of Makorokoza said I love you
to the Maximum. Kalamali Kalamali, God bless Makorokoza fans.






No comments:

Post a Comment