Saturday 28 April 2012

Promoter says Tony Matterhorn owes him $90,000


A promoter called  Wrenroy Smith, is upset with dancehall selector Tony Matterhorn who he says is double-booking dates and not honouring his commitments. He is also demanding the return of a  90,000 deposit for a show on April 7, 2012.

The promoter has issued a letter which states:

I, Wrenroy Smith, am the promoter for an annual event on Annotto Bay, Jamaica billed as Girls Graduation - an all white edition fundraising event.

I booked the services of Dancehall DJ/artist Tony Matterhorn, in addition to other sound system DJ's, and invested money and promotional work into staging my event and had to cancel it because Tony Matterhorn pulled out of my event at the last minute, without returning my deposit.

Girls Graduation was scheduled for April 7, 2012. On December 29, 2011, I sent a deposit of $1,065.00 to Tony Matterhorn via Western Union, officially booking him for April 7, 2012. In January 2012, Tony Matterhorn called me to say that he had accepted another booking for April 7, 2012 (World Clash RESET in New York). He asked if I could change my date to April 6, 2012. I notified him that I couldn't as I already booked the venue in Jamaica, and made a deposit on the sound systems, Swatch and Jamrock. Over 20,000 flyers were already printed and I had already started street promotion in Jamaica.

Realizing that I couldn't change the date of my event, Tony Matterhorn said he would have to cancel with me and return my deposit ($1,065.00). April 7, 2012 has come and gone and Tony Matterhorn has not returned my deposit. I have reached out to him numerous times and he had set different dates with me as to when he would return my money. That hasn't been done. He has given me false numbers and BBM pin and has dodged and evaded every opportunity for me to reach him directly.

My reason for writing this letter is to make a public statement and appeal to Tony Matterhorn to contact me directly and refund the deposit that I had given him. His behavior is false, elusive, unprofessional and unbecoming of someone of his stature in the dancehall music business. I would like to resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Wrenroy Smith
Promoter




No comments:

Post a Comment